Greetings from FRC Team 3799, Electric Fire! We are a competition robotics team at NDHS. We design, build, wire, program, test, & drive robots; we teach STEM to kids; we learn about really cool technology (like 3D printers & drones); we spread the joy of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math) in our school & the community; we gain resume-building experience; we strategize gameplay; we laugh a lot; & we do so much more! Robotics is a great place for skill-building, making friends, & having fun.
Grades 9-12: Come join the Notre Dame FIRST Robotics Competition team!
Help design, build, program, and operate a robot to participate at local competitions. Express your creativity, hone your cunning strategy, learn new skills, and help ND have a fun and successful FRC season.
The team is coached and mentored by local engineering professionals.
Pre-Season starts in September; season kickoff is early January; competitions are in March and occasionally April.
Contact Mrs. Barkley for more info.
Meet our robot "Sid", for the 2023 season. It has the following features:
- 33.00” Long
- 26.00” Wide
- 90 lbs. overall weight
- Side rails and cross bars are 2”x1”x1/10”
- Bumper mount latches for tool-less removal
- 3/16” thick Polycarbonate water-jetted belly pan features tapped holes to mount compressor, air manifold & Swerve WAGO mounts, & control system components
- 4x REV 3in MAXSwerve Modules
- 1x NEO per corner for drive
- 1x NEO550 per corner for steering
- Overall Reduction: 5.5:1
- Theoretical Top Speed: 13.5 ft/s
- Uses 4x, 4” & 4x, 3” 35A Compliant Wheels to quickly intake both Cones and Cubes
- Opened and closed by a 4” Stroke x 3/4” bore cylinder
- System is driven by 1 Neo550 motor on a 20:1 MAXPlanetary gear box prevents stalling, but still Intakes quickly.
2 Axis Lift Arm
- Wrist and Shoulder Joints are powered by a WCP Rotation SS Gearbox
- 28:1 Gear Reduction
- 5:1 Chain Reduction
- 140:1 Total Reduction
- Chain Bar Design with #35 Chain
- Each joint powered by 1x Falcon500
- Integrated Friction brake on each joint
- Shoulder has 120lb gas spring counterbalance
- Capable of scoring in both high and low goals
- REV Through Bore Encoder on each joint
- ArduCam with protective printed mount for vision tracking
Auto / Tele-op
- Autonomous program
- Preloaded with a cone.
- Can score in high, medium, and low
- Auto dock
- Auto Balancing
- Very adaptable Auto code style (PathPlanner)