Greetings from FRC Team 3799, Electric Fire! We are a competition robotics team at NDHS. We design, build, wire, program, test, & drive robots; we teach STEM to kids; we learn about really cool technology (like 3D printers & drones); we spread the joy of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math) in our school & the community; we gain resume-building experience; we strategize gameplay; we laugh a lot; & we do so much more! Robotics is a great place for skill-building, making friends, & having fun.
Grades 9-12: Come join the Notre Dame FIRST Robotics Competition team!
Help design, build, program, and operate a robot to participate at local competitions. Express your creativity, hone your cunning strategy, learn new skills, and help ND have a fun and successful FRC season.
The team is coached and mentored by local engineering professionals.
Pre-Season starts in September; season kickoff is early January; competitions are in March and occasionally April.
Contact Mrs. Barkley for more info.
Meet “Debug,” our robot for the 2021/2022 season. It has the following features:
- 31.00” Long
- 28.00” Wide
- 109 lbs. overall weight
- Side rails and cross bars are 2”x1”x1/8”
- Bumper mount latches for tool-less removal
- Passive leaf spring hooks
- 3/16” thick water-jetted belly pan features tapped holes to mount compressor, air manifold & Swerve WAGO mounts.
- Swerve drive with 4” wheels
- 2 Falcon 500 motors per gearbox (one drive, one steer)
- Overall Reduction: 7.85:1
- Theoretical Top Speed: 14.2 ft/s
- Uses 10, 2” Vectored Intake (Mecanum) wheels to quickly center Power Cells to a single file intake
- Entire sub-assembly is raised and lowered by 2x 3/4” bore cylinders to bring it in and out of the frame perimeter.
- System is driven by 1 Neo550 motor on a 18:1 VersaPlanetary gear box prevents stalling, but still Intakes the Power Cells quickly.
Cargo Indexer with Integrated Cargo Launcher
- 18x 2” diameter indexing wheels
- 2 sensored independent zones
- Each powered by a NEO550 motor with a 18:1 VersaPlanetary gearbox
- First stage also drives intake
- Integrated threaded holes to mount control system components
- 2x Falcon 500 motors
- 1:1 gear ratio
- Limelight 2.0 vision system capable of auto aiming when driver commands.
- Lightweight & strong polycarbonate hood
- 4x 4” diameter flywheel
- Capable of scoring in both high and low goals
2x Lift/Climber Gearbox
- Constant Force Spring extend
- Driven retract powered by 2 Falcon 500 motors
- 1.0625” bore air cylinder powers a pneumatic brake to prevent back driving
- Reduction 28.125:1
Lift Frame / Climber
- 2 stage telescoping design
- Extends from 24” to 60”
- Enables Traversal Climb
- System rotates front to back using a 5/8” bore cylinder allowing for multi rung climb
Auto / Tele-op
- Autonomous program launches Cargo into low goal then drives over Initiation Line